Same Day Appointments
At Stepping Stone Pediatrics, we provide convenient same-day sick appointments for illnesses and conditions that cannot wait. We constantly monitor patient access throughout the day and make adjustments as needed to best serve our families. It is a point of pride for us that we rarely divert our patients to Urgent Care Centers other than for services we cannot provide in the office, e.g., radiology (X-rays, ultrasounds, etc.).
How Do Same-Day Appointments Work?
To schedule a same-day appointment, simply contact Stepping Stone Pediatrics at (770) 515-9000. That’s it! These appointments are available to both our established patients and new patients – don’t wait to be seen!
It is highly unusual for us to not be able to see your child the same day if your call is received before the late afternoon. We are able to accomplish this by adhering to the following scheduling rules:
- With a few exceptions, all sick appointments are scheduled for the same day. We find advanced scheduling leads to limited access for our patients.
- We schedule patients for the earliest appointment available. This also allows us to see your child promptly, and accommodate “off the bus” calls when your child comes home sick from school needing a late afternoon appointment.
- If a late afternoon appointment is needed to accommodate a work or transportation conflict, we ask parents call after 1pm.
What Should I Do For Life-Threatening Emergencies?
If your child has a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately. If you have after-hours, non-emergent medical questions, call our office 24/7 at (770) 515-9000.
Are There Additional Charges for Same-Day Appointments?
Stepping Stone Pediatrics never charges additional fees for same-day appointments. You will be charged the standard sick visit fee as outlined by your insurance.
Same Day Appointment Tips
To make the most of your same-day appointment, use the following tips when contacting Stepping Stone Pediatrics:
- Please be on time for your appointment. With same-day appointments, time is of the essence. If you are late, we may ask you to reschedule or wait to be “worked in”. For more information, visit our Stepping Stone Pediatrics Late Policy .
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact us immediately. We may be able to see another child during your scheduled appointment time.
- If you have more than one child that must be seen, each patient will require their own appointment. If a second child needs to be added unexpectedly, a provider will see the first child but may need to see previously scheduled patients before returning to see the second “add-on” patient.
Schedule Your Child’s Next Visit at Stepping Stone Pediatrics
At Stepping Stone Pediatrics, we are dedicated to providing same day access to our patients. Contact Stepping Stone Pediatrics today to schedule a same day appointment by calling (770) 515-9000.